Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Rant [ PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE ENTIRE POST ]

A rant to inspire you guys today:

Bullying? No. Just no.
No no no no no no no no no.....
CYBER bullying? BIG no-no.
NO NO NO.

You guys don't have any idea how much it kills me to see people suffer.

Idk, I wrote a poem I guess... ugh... I hate bullies.

Texts are read.
Tears are shed.
Words are heard.
And they hurt.
God do they hurt.

Bullying isn't just something you hear about in school. It happens. To REAL people!

Don't judge a book by its cover

As the song by Christina Perri says,

"I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask"
  
Your best friend may seem like the happiest person in the world, but underneath, she could be hurting. Nobody likes sharing deep inner feelings. Nobody likes sharing their painful struggles.

The song also says,

"But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human"

Tease your friends? No problem, I do that all the time! But you may never know how much your words actually affect them.

For example:

Kayleen and Jade are best friends.
Kayleen: *eats potato chips*
Jade: Kayleen, would you stop already? I'm surprised you aren't as fat as an elephant by now!
 Kayleen: Oh stop Jade, you're so weird.
Then they both laugh.

Doesn't seem like a big deal, right?
 Wrong.

Kayleen may seem good-spirited and completely not offended, but she feels quite the opposite inside.

She goes home and takes a quick look in her bedroom mirror.

She starts to wonder,
Maybe Jade is right. I am leaning on the heavy side a bit.
This leads to more wondering:
Is Jade the only person who thinks I'm fat? What if she wasn't kidding!
And more...
Oh my god. Come to think of it, Caitlin and Dylan have been staring at me a little strange lately.
AND EVEN MORE:
They must have been talking about me. Every time I approach them, they stop talking and stare! They're probably talking about my weight issue.
UNTIL IT'S UNBEARABLE:
Maybe I'd be better off dead. My parents must be so embarrassed to have a fat daughter!
Affects Others.....
*cries* MOM, DAD, WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME I WAS OVERWEIGHT!
parents- but honey, you aren't!
LIAR!!!
And her life becomes a wreck:
Maybe I'll just cut myself. Can't get any worse!
And she cries herself to sleep every night.

Not only are negative people a bummer to be around, they also make others negative!
In the example above, did you notice how a joke brought Kayleen to the point of breaking?
This is why I'm ranting.

I mean, seriously, does anybody deserve this?

And when Kayleen goes back to school, she'll act unaffected and happy. Like she never even harmed herself..

Don't be jealous of other people's seemingly perfect lives.
NOBODY, I can assure you, has a perfect life.
TV shows are FAKE. The characters are FAKE. Their perfect lives are FAKE.
So are reality shows. The truth hurts.

Let's take a closer look at Kayleen's friends who were mentioned:
Caitlin and Dylan.

Dylan: Why is Kayleen acting so weird lately?
Caitlin: Who knows.. puberty probably.
Dylan: No, no, she's acting VERY strange. Depressed almost?
Caitlin: Oh please, she's fine. Don't you see that huge smile on her face!?
*points to where Kayleen is sitting*
Dylan: I don't know Caitlin....
Caitlin: Yo, Kayleen, come over here!
*kayleen hears them and approaches*
Dylan: Dude, are you okay?
Caitlin: Yeah girl, you seem a little...down.
 Kayleen: Psshhhht.... oh I'm fine! Leave me be.
*caitlin and dylan walk away*
Kayleen: Were they talking about how fat I was?

Kayleen assumes wrong.

Now, what would have happened if Kayleen told her friends what was wrong?

Kayleen: Guys I'm fat. And I'm depressed. Well, I'm depressed because I'm fat.
Dylan: YOU? FAT? Oh please, if anybody at this table is fat, it's me.
Caitlin: Stop it okay!? NONE OF YOU GUYS ARE FAT! The only person here who's fat is me!

When Caitlin and Dylan go home, they take a look in their mirrors...
And wonder if they're really fat.

And that, my friends, is how depressed people work.

Don't make rude comments.


"Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human..."

3 comments:

  1. I've been cyber-bullied before, and, BOY, it hurts... Don't be mean to others is the meaning of this story I think because it will make everyone sad. Be kind. :,)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. And yes, I agree with this so much. 'Cause you don't know, that person behind the computer screen can really be hurting in real life. And you don't even know how many school assemblies I had that were only on this topic. BULLYING IS WRONG.

    ReplyDelete

You're about to comment on a blog post! Yay! But first, make sure your comment follows these simple guidelines:
1) No cuss words, even with ***s
2) No rude/disrespectful messages to ANYONE, not even anonymous users.
3) No copying/stealing someone's words (unless you quote them for it)
4) No inappropriate messages
5) No trying to get around these rules!