Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I Lost My Friend to Bullying

Hey guys..
I've had a rough day.

It wasn't easy getting the news that my friend had committed suicide this afternoon. I had thought she was absent at school because of illness or something, I didn't know that she was off alone ending her life.

She was such a happy person with a beautiful, bubbly personality that everyone loved. Nobody knew that she was being bullied or that she was going through horrible times. Trust me, if we did, we would have helped her.

Everyone who is reading this, please don't just let this go over your head. Don't just comment "sorry to hear that" and move on. ACTUALLY EVALUATE YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW. YOU COULD BE SAVING SOMEONE FROM ENDING THEIR EXISTENCE IF YOU JUST WOULD LISTEN AND CARE.

The next time you're with your friend, and you look at them and think "God.. they're amazing",
TELL THEM.
DONT MISS OUT ON THAT PICTURE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE EVERYTHING THAT THEY FEEL TOWARDS THEMSELVES.

Sometimes that's all people need; they're just simply looking for someone to say they're amazing. But if they don't find anyone, they might get depressed..
Because all of those people who are thinking about how beautiful they are don't tell them how they feel. They don't think the person needs to be told that they're "pretty" or "talented".
But they do. Trust me, they do.

They could cry themselves to sleep each night because all they want is a friend. But you wouldn't be able to tell through that fake smile.

So please, tell people how you feel. You could become their savior.

Me and my friend have started a huge project at our school. We're slipping positive notes into people's lockers, backpacks, binders, etc. We even covered a wall with encouraging sticky notes outside.

It used to be just us, then it grew..
3 people, 4 people, 5 people..

And now here we are, 50 people working on this wonderful thing.

There's a hashtag on Instagram for our lovely friend who has passed, as well. #ripshivani

This isn't the first friend who I've lost to suicide, but I will do everything I can to make sure it is the last.

-Fang
I might not be here for a while. Hard times.

13 comments:

  1. Everyone is special, it just takes a good friend to realize it
    ~cookycupcake
    Today we have lost a friend. A true friend. Bulling took away something we all thought what was dear to us.
    #ripshivani

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooky thats true everyone is special know one is the same take a min to think if everyone in the world was the same... good friends are hard to come by ( REAL good friends i mean ) if you have one make sure to help her/him as much as you can try to have good times as much as we want them to friends dont last forever :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I'm really sorry for your loss fang:,( I hope one day that your group thing to make people's life so much bigger will help the whole world. All good things come to an end:) my school has a saying we will make good things happen for other people. And you know what you have been doing that and I'm proud of you for that:) Hope you have greater life ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fang, im just really curious: are you in High School or something? And im really sorry to hear that your friend...
    Passed.
    I hope you remember her always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait.. Is Shivani DEAD?! I didn't know kids would actually commit suicide at such a young age o.e Um. sorry. I'd hate it if I lost my friend, since She's practically the only real friend I have. Thanks for the advice. Your team should get a princaple's award or something, you spend your time writing up positive notes for people you don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, I am so so so sorry. Remember her always, and don't blame yourself,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, I am so so so sorry. Remember her always, and don't blame yourself,

    ReplyDelete
  8. We started this a few years ago at my school to. About 1000 or so sticky notes have something positive written on them, then on weekends every single locker lunchtable, lunchtray, etc. has a note on it :3 When you get yours you have to sign the note, and stick it somewhere else. This keeps going on and on untill the end of the day :3 It's really helped alot of people to show that all the signitures are the people who care :D No one should be depressed, no one deserves to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry that you had to lose your friend like that.*giant internet hug* It's so easy for us to forget what we have until it is taken from us. I only found out about this from your post about how it is a year ago it happened, and I'm in tears. I hope you feel better by now and know that you'll always have us to help if things get tough like this. Though this is rather late, I wish my love to you and your friend's family, and it angers me how bullying can lead to such things. Shivani shall be remembered by us all. ♡♡

    -AJKraft

    ReplyDelete
  10. #ripshivani I don't know how it feels to lose a friend like that, but it sounds very depressing. You shouldn't need to feel special to live. But at the same time, bullying is very wrong. It causes hundreds of kids per year to commit suicide! If you bully, you should feel ashamed and you should feel like a bad person. You should be in detention the whole school year. It's almost like you are a murderer.

    ~Princessbg

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's terrible! D,:
    I'm so, so sorry to hear this!
    I can't believe that bullying has caused people to do this. I truly can't.

    You're exactly right. I don't believe I have any friends who have gotten bullied, but I know what you mean.

    I honestly don't know what to say...
    I'm sorry. Truly, I am. ,:,(

    #RIPShivani

    ReplyDelete

You're about to comment on a blog post! Yay! But first, make sure your comment follows these simple guidelines:
1) No cuss words, even with ***s
2) No rude/disrespectful messages to ANYONE, not even anonymous users.
3) No copying/stealing someone's words (unless you quote them for it)
4) No inappropriate messages
5) No trying to get around these rules!